Saturday, April 3, 2010

RESURREXI, ET ADHUC TIBI

The Easter Vigil has arrived--the great night of all nights is here. Now we can sing in the Exultet: "This is the night...O happy fault, O necessary sin of Adam, that gained for us so great a Redeemer."

Tomorrow morning we will also sing (or listen to) the Sequence Victimae Paschali Laudes after the 2nd Reading and before the Gospel. As a taste of that, below is the "Agnus Dei" movement from John Rutter's Requiem. At about 4'20" listen for a flute solo, and know that you'll hear that same melody Sunday morning. Enjoy, and happy Easter--"I am risen and am with you still."



1 comment:

  1. This was the first time I participated in Easter Vigil mass, and it was beautiful. You know, the line from Exultet that you quoted caught my attention during the mass too. "O happy fault, O necessary sin of Adam, that gained for us so great a Redeemer." I guess I never thought of it that way.

    ReplyDelete